United in Community. Rooted in Trust.
We are all doing our part to stay safe and alleviate the COVID-19 virus from our community. Times have changed and we are learning new ways to conduct real estate because we are committed to our work for you. When your real estate needs become your top priority, we'll be here.
What Does Home Buying
look like in the age of COVID-19?
While many wondered about the overall impacts of COVID-19 on the housing market at the beginning, the real estate industry moved swiftly to provide safe and effective ways to transact, and the home buying market remained robust during the age of COVID-19. It has even provided new opportunities for buyers to relocate to desired locations due to remote work and lifestyle options. We remain committed to working with state and local health guidelines to continue accomplish buyer’s goals as we move forward.
Home buying can be a stressful time, now more than ever. All of us at the Tom Gross Team at Kentwood Real Estate are here for you - whether the time to buy is now or in the future. The following are just a few of the ways we are navigating with you through this:
Buying a home during an unprecedented time? We have many effective tools to make the homebuying process as smooth now as ever!
• View residential listings virtually through amazing technologies like Facebook Live, ZOOM, FaceTime, 3D Tours, and Video. These all provide a great, safe way to walk through a home virtually. Some of these tools are included with the listing information. Some of these tools we use as real estate agents, to communicate with you while we are in the home you are interested in purchasing while you are at home. This is our first step to screen potential homes for showings.
• If you would like to see a home in person, we can accommodate that as well. Below are the practices we have in place to show houses:
• Showings are limited to the people on the contract.
• Limiting overlapping showings.
• Maintaining distances of 6 feet.
• Unrelated people can drive in separate cars.
• Everyone should comply with local mask mandates.
• If need be, the real estate agent will turn on the lights and open the doors for his clients, minimizing who is touching surfaces in the home.
• The areas touched including the lockbox will be disinfected by the agent as they are leaving the property.
• We can also provide hand sanitizer or wipes in between showings.
• Once you have found your future home, then sit back and relax. We use digital contracts so you can review and sign from your home. We are in touch with lenders to guide you through lending options and timelines. We can manage the entire transaction virtually, minimizing your risk of exposure. When you are ready to close Land title can even provide curbside closing.
Now is a great time to start your home search as well! We would be happy to ensure that you remain up to date with the newest market activity by setting you up to receive listing alerts that will notify you within 30 minutes that a property that meets your criteria has come available.
If you would like more information please give us a call at 303-336-0348.