10 Top Tips to Prepare your Home for Showings
You have a showing! This could be the home buyer for your property! They are probably seeing several properties with their Realtor. You have heard the saying - You only get one chance to make a good first impression. This is your chance. What can you do to maximize the appeal of your property to the potential home buyer?
Here are the Top 10 Tips to prepare your home for showings so you can maximize the appeal of your property to potential home buyers.
- Sparkling Clean and Smells Fresh - You deep cleaned your home before listing so now you just have a few quick touch ups. Wipe down all surfaces with your favorite cleaner paying special attention to your kitchen and bathroom. In addition to a clean home your home will smell fresh too! Also mop your hardwood floors and vacuum your carpet. The number one home buyer turnoff is dirt!
- Put Away Clutter - Think clean and clear. Put away your clutter so the potential home buyer can see your property not your personal items! Put away all of your personal items including small appliances, utensils, toothbrushes, paper towels, toiletries, throw rugs, office supplies, personal pictures, remote controls, knick knacks,...
- Bedrooms - Make all beds, put away clothes and rooms neatly organized.
- Bathrooms - Fold your towels like Martha Stewart, close the toilet seat and have streak free mirrors.
- Take out the Garbage - Home Buyers do not want to see or smell what you are throwing away.
- Lights On and Blinds and Curtains Open - Open and bright homes are very appealing to potential home buyers! No burnt out bulbs!
- Fresh Flowers - A vase in the kitchen and /or entry and planters on the porch and the back yard!
- Curb Appeal - Grass mowed, shrubs trimmed, walkway swept, yard free of debris, weeds, toys...
- Remove Pets- Take your pets with you during showings.
- Play Background Music- Soft background music will relax buyers and make them feel comfortable.